Poole Knobs Campground is on the Percy Priest Lake shoreline, just a short drive from Nashville. This campground has 88 campsites, most of which feature electric and water hookups. There is a group campsite capable of holding as many as 40 campers, while the other 87 individual campsites. Each campsite can hold two tents or one tent and one RV.
Depending on amenities, camp fees range from $14 to $24 per night. Showers, laundry facilities, fresh water, restroom facilities and a dumping station are onsite and accessible by campers. Campers are allowed to have guests, but visitors are charged $3 per vehicle.
The camping season runs from May 1 through September 30 of each year. Poole Knobs offers more than just camping. There is a boat launch ramp providing fast and easy lake access. Fishing, wakeboarding, fishing, swimming, sailing, canoeing, waterskiing and tubing are some of the lake activities to be enjoyed.
Amenities of the park include:
- Restrooms with showers
- Boat Ramp
- Drinking Water
- Dump Station
- Electric Hookups
- Group Camping
- Picnic Shelters
- Wildlife Viewing
- Swim beach
A swimming beach is also available at the campground. In addition, picnic shelters are available for rent. The campground offers plenty of opportunity for relaxation as well. Guests may want to sit by the lake or relax on a boat while just taking in the sun and enjoying a day on the water.
493 Jones Mill Road
For information or reservations call (615) 459-6948.
You can reserve campsites directly at Recreation.gov.
Note: All prices are subject to change. Please check with the park directly for all official pricing.
Here is a good YouTube video showing many of the campsites and park amenities:
Please observe a few guidelines
In order to make everyone’s stay a pleasurable one, below are some of the basic campground rules. For complete regulations, see the park attendant.
- Campsite occupancy: Maximum number of registered campers occupying one campsite is eight (8).
- Camping equipment is limited to two tents, or one RV and one tent, per campsite. All camping equipment must be on the impact area or pullout.
- Camper check out is 2 pm.
- Persons camping under age eighteen (18) years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Camping permits are not transferable. Campers may register only for the site they are to occupy.
- The gate will be closed at 10 pm each night and opened each morning at 6 am. Only emergency or authorized entry and exit will be permitted during these hours.
- Visitors must be out of the campground by 10 pm. Visitors are subject to all rules, regulations and restrictions.
- Camping limit is 14 days in any 30 day period.
- Quiet hours are in effect from 10 pm to 6 am. Unreasonably loud noise or audio devices are prohibited any time.
- Gray water and sewerage must be caught in a holding tank or other receptacle and disposed of at the dump station. No washing of vehicles or camping units is allowed.
- Confine fires to fireplaces or grills.
- Fireworks, firearms, explosive and projectile firing devices are prohibited.
- Keep campsite clean during occupancy and upon departure. Please use trash bag provided by Park Attendant and place all garbage in dumpster.
- Vehicles may only be parked on paved surfaces.
- Designated swimming areas are not supervised. Swim at your own risk. Do not swim at launching ramps.
- Any act or conduct that interferes with, impedes or disrupts another person’s use of the project (boisterous, rowdy, disorderly conduct, loud radios) is prohibited.
- Failure to abide by these park regulations and restrictions may result in legal action, expulsion, and / or forfeiture of fee paid.