As one can expect, a lake as large as Percy Priest Lake has many campgrounds on its shorelines. On the lake’s eastern shore is Anderson Road Campground and Recreation Area. A short drive from Nashville, the campground offers RV and tent camping sites.
The campground has 10 RV campsites, which offer electrical outlets in the 50/30/20 amp categories. There are 26 tent campsites available for primitive camping. Reservations are recommended for the campsites, which cost from $14 to $24 per night. America the Beautiful Senior and Access Pass holders can receive a half-off discount.
Visitors pay a $3 fee for campground admission. The campground season runs May 13 through September 8. Restrooms, laundry facilities, showers and a dump station are all available onsite. Lake access is available and there is a boat launch ramp and dock on premises. The recreation area has a playground and picnic shelters are available for rent.
Amenities of the park include:
- Boat Ramp
- Drinking Water
- Dump Station
- Restrooms with showers
- Picnic Shelters
- Wildlife Viewing
- RV and Tent camping
Anderson Road Recreational Area also has a paved mile-long fitness trail, which can be used for cycling or hiking. The area is ideal for canoeing and sailing as well as the traditional pontoon and fishing boat excursions. A swimming area is also available.
Here is a youtube video driving through the park:
4010 Anderson Road
Campground reservations are available by calling: (877) 444-6777.
For general information call: (615) 361-1980.
The day use number is (615) 361-9805.
You can make camping reservations at Recreation.gov.
All prices are subject to change. Please check with the park directly for all official pricing.
Please observe a few guidelines
In order to make everyone’s stay a pleasurable one, below are some of the basic campground rules. For complete regulations, see the park attendant.
- Campsite occupancy: Maximum number of registered campers occupying one campsite is eight (8).
- Camping equipment is limited to two tents, or one RV and one tent, per campsite. All camping equipment must be on the impact area or pullout.
- Camper check out is 2 pm.
- Persons camping under age eighteen (18) years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Camping permits are not transferable. Campers may register only for the site they are to occupy.
- The gate will be closed at 10 pm each night and opened each morning at 6 am. Only emergency or authorized entry and exit will be permitted during these hours.
- Visitors must be out of the campground by 10 pm. Visitors are subject to all rules, regulations and restrictions.
- Camping limit is 14 days in any 30 day period.
- Quiet hours are in effect from 10 pm to 6 am. Unreasonably loud noise or audio devices are prohibited any time.
- Gray water and sewerage must be caught in a holding tank or other receptacle and disposed of at the dump station. No washing of vehicles or camping units is allowed.
- Confine fires to fireplaces or grills.
- Fireworks, firearms, explosive and projectile firing devices are prohibited.
- Keep campsite clean during occupancy and upon departure. Please use trash bag provided by Park Attendant and place all garbage in dumpster.
- Vehicles may only be parked on paved surfaces.
- Designated swimming areas are not supervised. Swim at your own risk. Do not swim at launching ramps.
- Any act or conduct that interferes with, impedes or disrupts another person’s use of the project (boisterous, rowdy, disorderly conduct, loud radios) is prohibited.
- Failure to abide by these park regulations and restrictions may result in legal action, expulsion, and / or forfeiture of fee paid.